ChromeOS is the OS (Operating System) which powers Chromebooks and Chromeboxes worldwide. Its quickly becoming one of the most used OS in the world. Its also one of the fastest updating OS in the world. Every Chromebook gets at least one update every 4 weeks, and most get one every 2 (Security updates). And here is the best part, unlike most operating systems I suspect over 95% of the devices update themselves within a few days/weeks of the update being released.
With this comes challenges. How do you learn about an Operating System which is constantly improving, evolving and adding new features which never existed before on the devices. Books may have worked for OS which take 3 years to build, but clearly it won’t for ChromeOS.
So here are the top recommendations on how to learn about ChromeOS and how to keep up with all the improvements which come out on monthly basis:
- Chromebook Simulator – A visual simulator of how to do some of the most basic device management on your Chromebook.
- Chromebook Support center – This is what Google’s own technical Support team points customers to. And this is where they add new articles when they see issues emerging from the fields.
- Chromebook Gamified Training – A perfect training tool for IT/Schools to use to educate the broader team of how to use a Chromebook.
- How To Chromebook – Some very simple HowTo questions on how to use Chromebooks to do everyday tasks quickly.
- Google’s own Chromebook Youtube channel – Find latest videos on how to use Chromebooks here.
- Blogs – Keep up with new features and updates by following of the other Chrome and ChromeOS blogs here as well
Some of these recommendations from a long term Reddit user JimDatin3.